TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Make a Reservation
- Guests are strongly advised to obtain Travel Insurance to cover the cost of any cancellation fees applied.
- To secure a Cottage reservation a 50% deposit is required. 50% balance of payment plus a £250 Good Housekeeping deposit are required eight weeks before your stay. A secure online payment link will be emailed to you. We accept Visa & Mastercard only. For stays less than seven days the total balance is required when booking.
- If payment of all sums due in respect of your booking has not been received by the date occurring eight weeks before your Check In date, your booking will be automatically cancelled and any sums paid by you may be retained by us. If you wish to make a booking for a date within eight weeks of your proposed Check In date, payment in full (including payment of the Good Housekeeping deposit) must be made at the time of making the booking.
- The Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 will be fully refunded to you after the end of your stay provided that no damage is caused to the property or its contents during the period of your stay. In the event of any such damage occurring, you shall be liable to us for the costs of remedying such damage and we shall be entitled to recover such costs through retaining all or part of that deposit. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the cost of damage is in excess of the deposit, you shall be liable to us for any such excess in addition to our right to retain the deposit. Any damage must be reported to us prior to your departure.
- Bookings within eight weeks of the check-in date are payable in full. In the event of a cancellation by you being more than eight weeks prior to your check-in date any sums paid by you to us in respect of your booking will be refunded, less an administration fee of £75.
- In the event of a cancellation by you being made less than eight weeks prior to your check-in date your total payment will be refunded if the cottage is re-let, less the administration fee of £75. We will do all that we can to re-let the Cottage but if the Cottage is not re-let you will be liable for the total cost of your stay.
- There may be circumstances where we need to cancel any booking made (for example, where we are required to close in compliance with any public health requirements imposed by government) prior to your Check In date. In such circumstances we shall re-schedule your booking for a mutually agreed future date or failing that provide you with a full refund of any sums paid by you to us in connection with your booking or. We shall have no further liability to you in respect of such cancellation.
- Where there is a change in law relevant to the booking that comes in to force after a booking is made, this may necessitate a change to these terms and conditions and / or the period of your rental. We shall advise you in the event of such changes should such circumstances arise.
- We are honoured that many guests consider a stay at Mint Croft for special occasions & holidays. Each booking makes up a significant part of our small business and as there is no passing trade and the cottages book out months in advance, the cancellation policy is never waivered, whatever the circumstances.
- Cottage cancellations must be made in writing (email – email@example.com) and are only confirmed once a guest receives a reservation cancellation confirmation email.
- We welcome adults of 18 years and over. A maximum of two adults per cottage.
- Mint Croft is a non-smoking house. Smoking is not permitted in the cottages or in the grounds.
- Mint Croft is not suitable for dogs or other pets. No pets will be admitted to the property and we reserve the right to terminate the reservation if this is breached. We shall have no further liability to you in respect of such a termination.
- Your cottage will be ready for you from 4pm. Check out must be made by 10:00am on the day of departure.
- The property should be left clean and tidy on departure and any damages should be reported prior to departure. If the property is left in an unacceptable manner, an additional cleaning surcharge may be charged.
- All damages and losses will be charged in full.
- The occupancy of your property should not extend beyond the number stated in the booking reservation. Maximum of 2 people of 18 years and over. We reserve the right to terminate if the reservation if this is breached. We shall have no further liability to you in respect of such a termination. Each cottage has one bedroom comprising of a UK Superking sized bed. This can be made up into two single beds on request at the time of your booking.
- As well as cancellation and curtailment insurance, guests are recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects.
- Vehicles, accessories and contents are left at their owners risk.
- The proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any injury to persons not caused through the fault of the proprietor.
- To minimise the cost and inconvenience of cancelled bookings we would strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance. You may have to forfeit the full cost of your holiday in certain circumstances.
Restriction on Rental
- We reserve the right to remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
Adverse Travel Conditions
- Where there are ferry/plane/other travel disruptions due to bad weather conditions, road conditions or industrial action Mint Croft cannot be held responsible for non-arrival at the cottages and no refunds will be given.