TERMS AND CONDITIONS - 2020
Make a Reservation
- To secure a Cottage reservation a 50% deposit is required. 50%
balance of payment plus a £250 Good Housekeeping deposit are
required eight weeks before your stay. A secure online payment
link will be emailed to you. We accept Visa & Mastercard only. For
three and four day stays the total balance is required when
- If final payment of any outstanding amounts to be paid is not
completed within eight weeks of the Check In date, your booking
will be automatically cancelled and any booking fees paid
(excluding the Good Housekeeping deposit) will be forfeited. If
booking is made within eight weeks of the Check In date, 100% of
the payment will be taken upfront.
- The Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 will either be fully refunded or on assessment of any damage, a deduction will be made. All damages must be reported prior to departure.
- Bookings within eight weeks of arrival are payable in full. In the
event of a cancellation of eight weeks or more the total cost of your
stay will be refunded, less an administration fee of £75.
- In the event of a cancellation of less than eight weeks your total
payment will be refunded if the cottage is re-let, less the
administration fee of £75. We will do all that we can to re-let the
Cottage. If the Cottage is not re-let you will be liable for the total
cost of your stay.
- We are honoured that many guests consider a stay at Mint Croft for special occasions & holidays. Each booking makes up a significant part of our small business and as there is no passing trade and the cottages book out months in advance, the cancellation policy is never waivered.
- Guests are strongly advised to obtain Travel Insurance to cover the cost of any cancellation fees applied.
- Cottage cancellations must be made in writing (email – firstname.lastname@example.org) and are only confirmed once a guest receives a reservation cancellation confirmation email.
- We welcome adults of 18 years and over. A maximum of two adults per cottage.
- Mint Croft is a non-smoking house. Smoking is not permitted in the cottages or in the grounds.
- Mint Croft is not suitable for dogs or other pets.
- Your cottage will be ready for you from 4pm
- Check out must be made by 10:00am on the day of departure.
- The property should be left clean and tidy on departure and any damages should be reported prior to departure. If the property is left in an unacceptable manner, an additional cleaning surcharge may be charged. The property is cleaned each Saturday.
- All damages and losses will be charged in full.
- The occupancy of your property should not extend beyond the number stated in the booking reservation. Maximum of 2 people of 18 years and over. Each cottage has one bedroom comprising of a UK Superking sized bed. This can be made up into two single beds on request at the time of your booking.
- As well as cancellation and curtailment insurance, guests are recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects.
- Vehicles, accessories and contents are left at their owners risk.
- The proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any injury to persons not caused through the fault of the proprietor.
- To minimise the cost and inconvenience of cancelled bookings we would strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance. You may have to forfeit the full cost of your holiday in certain circumstances.
Restriction on Rental
- We reserve the right to remove person or persons from the property due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property or exceeding the stated occupancy. In this case refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
Adverse Travel Conditions
- Where there are ferry/plane/other travel disruptions due to bad weather conditions, road conditions or industrial action Mint Croft cannot be held responsible for non-arrival at the cottages and no refunds will be given.